APPRAISE – fAcilitating Public & Private secuRity operAtors to mitigate terrorIsm Scenarios against soft targEts
Ensuring the security of public spaces while preserving citizens’ freedom is a challenge for European societies. Soft targets, such as shopping centres, stadiums or major events, continue to face a constantly evolving set of physical and cyber threats. Securing public spaces and other soft targets requires a comprehensive security approach and new concepts involving all security actors together with private operators.
APPRAISE aims to build on the latest advances in big data analytics, artificial intelligence and advanced visualisation to create a comprehensive security framework that enhances both cyber/physical security and the security of public spaces by enabling a proactive, integrated, risk-based and resilience-oriented approach. This framework will be designed to support secure collaboration between the private and public sectors and optimise the coordination of operations involving private security personnel, private operators and law enforcement.
APPRAISE will provide unprecedented capabilities to predict and identify criminal and terrorist acts and improve the operational collaboration of security officers before, during and after an incident occurs. Social, ethical, legal and privacy observatories, bringing together law enforcement, private operators, technology experts, psychologists, sociologists and representatives of society, will ensure full compliance of the developed tools with current EU legislation and acceptance by citizens, paving the way for successful exploitation.
The consortium consists of world-class research centres, industries, SMEs, LEAs of different types (national police, municipal police, elite tactical unit), as well as private security professionals and operators, coordinated by a large industrial company with a leading position in the security market.
APPRAISE will demonstrate its solutions in four complementary pilot sites: a tennis tournament in Italy, a transnational cycling tour with stages in France and Spain, an international trade fair in Poland and a shopping centre in Slovenia.
- CS GROUP-FRANCE
- ENGINEERING – INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA SPA
- SATWAYS – PROIONTA KAI YPIRESIES TILEMATIKIS DIKTYAKON KAI TILEPIKINONIAKON EFARMOGON ETAIRIA PERIORISMENIS EFTHINIS EPE
- ITTI SP ZOO
- ALCHERA DATA TECHNOLOGIES LTD
- HOLO-INDUSTRIE 4.0 SOFTWARE GMBH
- AITEK SPA
- ETHICAL & LEGAL PLUS SL
- ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS
- FONDAZIONE LINKS – LEADING INNOVATION & KNOWLEDGE FOR SOCIETY
- INOV INSTITUTO DE ENGENHARIA DE SISTEMAS E COMPUTADORES, INOVACAO
- FUNDACION CENTRO DE TECNOLOGIAS DE INTERACCION VISUAL Y COMUNICACIONES VICOMTECH
- COMMISSARIAT A L ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES ALTERNATIVES
- SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY
- Elliniko Idryma Evropaikis kai Exoterikis Politikis (HELLENIC FOUNDATION FOR EUROPEAN AND FOREIGN POLICY)
- INSTITUT ZA KORPORATIVNE VARNOSTNE STUDIJE LJUBLJANA
- STOWARZYSZENIE POLSKA PLATFORMA BEZPIECZENSTWA WEWNETRZNEGO
- COMUNE DI TORINO
- MINISTERIO DA ADMINISTRACAO INTERNA
- PROVINCIAL POLICE HEADQUARTERS IN GDANSK
- GOBIERNO VASCO – DEPARTAMENTO SEGURIDAD
- MINISTRSTVO ZA NOTRANJE ZADEVE
- ALSE SEGURIDAD SA
- ASOCIACION ORGANIZACIONES CICLISTAS EUSKADI OCE
- MIEDZYNARODOWE TARGI GDANSKIE SA
- BLAGOVNO TRGOVINSKI CENTER DD